Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Days of DC - Part 2: All this and I still haven't worked yet.

Today is the first day of my work related conference. The cool thing is that it doesn't start until 2:45pm on the second floor lobby. As I write this, it's only 1:45pm, so I still have an hour to kill.

This morning I woke up and went for a walk around the district. My hotel is on the corner of K Street and 16 Avenue, which therefore puts me in walking distance of many recognizable things.

The nation's very first cannon. You can really notice the evolution of cameras.
John Wayne's ancestor.They call it the House of Secrets.That's actually a quote from Donald Trump.The nation's very first Barnes & Noble Bookstore.A statue of the nation's first UFC team.Right after this picture was taken, a large foot came down on the monument. The person may have to get a tetanus shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even I can't believe you made a "House of Secrets" joke!