Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Have you seen this man?

It was the late morning, not quite noon. Some would call it the brunch period where it is okay to order a sandwich or scrambled eggs and no one would judge. The laundry machines were in full effect; I was completing actions that needed to be done like washing dirty dark clothes because I was out of pants and underwear. While waiting for my cycles to be done, I was wasting time in my bedroom reading the wonderful world of the Internet. Suddenly the doorbell rang. This is one of those moments where there was the slight notion of recognition but your memory bank has not quite pulled all of its resources to fully comprehend what is at stake.

The doorbell just rang! Obviously this was something that did not happen often simply due to the fact that not many people come by our household, and if we are expecting guests, they usually receive the OK to go ahead and walk in. I opened the door to see the unexpected: two young women on bicycles with a subtle look of curiosity and disappointment. I knew already that they were at the wrong house.

“Is Craig here?” Woman on the left asked.

“Sorry, no Craig here,” I replied.

“No Craig?” as if I was lying.

“Nope.”

“Is this 126?” Woman on the right verified.

“Yep.”

“But no Craig?” Woman on the left attempted again.

Due to my sudden frustration with this I suggested, “Well, I can check. I’m pretty sure though there’s no Craig. Well, I’ve got a cat. Maybe he’s Craig.”

“Fuck this!” Woman on the left got back on her bike.

“Prick,” the woman on the right commented as the two rode off on their bikes.

I’m still checking around the house to see if Craig is anywhere to be seen. Sunday is when this happened, and I have been searching since. No sign yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good one friend!!!!!