Friday, May 4, 2007

Catastrophic Relief Efforts (in a pictorial sense)

Last night when I came home from work, I smelt something. That scent that aroused my nostrils was the smell of victory. What victory, one may ask. Well, it seems that the machines in my house have been defeated. A while back, I was worried that my life force would be drained because these "dehumidifiers" were sucking all the moisture in the house, and our will to live.

Sure the machines put up a good fight, I mean they did walk away with our carpet, much of the substance that makes up our walls, and our pride. But who is sleeping like a baby these days? Who gets to wake up with a moisturized throat. This guy! Imagine me with two thumbs pointing at myself.

Enjoy the photo diary of the Greatest Battle of the Twenty-First Century (photos courtesy of Ms. Rebecca via my camera).

Here is Ground Zero; just imagine a clothes hanger on this thing with a T-shirt on it.
The initial damages; notice the toilet's position. You can see the machines slowly taking over.
The black hole where all the water vanished into.
Eric's bedroom was the second battle to be lost.
The refugee camp: our living room, Eric's new bedroom.
The face of the enemy.
The Dehumidifiers spread like a virus (my room is to the left of this machine).
The machines reveal their powers: stripping everything that makes a house function.
You can see what the water did to the floors.
Like a mine field, you have to be careful where you step.
A defeated soldier: Eric (1979-2007)
A true survivor: Zero the Cat was here the whole time and made it out alive.

No comments: